zondag 8 juli 2012

Those rainy days

So, this is the first time for me writing my blog in English. So bare with me, please. Since it's quite a challenge for me. It will also be the last time on this blog site, though. It's time for improvement. Grander, more effective and hence a lot of more fun. So I'll be moving to another blog platform. Saying this brings me back to why I started this blog. The reason that made me write down my findings weekly for almost two years.

It's exactly two years since I've lost my father to cancer. Before this great loss I wasn't the person I wanted to be for a long time. I had lost my smile. In addition,  I had no job stability. And on top of that I broke up with my girlfriend, not even a month after the loss of my father. I hope never to feel such pain. The pain of loss.

Fate determined that I was alone with my father in the hospital, several hours before he would die. He would hereafter be taken away to his final resting place. And that was the moment I learned a life lesson. I have it in mind every day I wake up. However, I understood the lesson until several weeks later, when I was at what is now my favorite spot in Amsterdam. He wished to feel the rain on his skin for one last time when he saw that it was raining. Fortunately it happened, to the point that he would be driven away to to the place he would come to die.

It was then when I found my smile again. The special moment with the rain learned that everything is possible, if you dare to speak out your wishes. I have quite some wishes. Some are about minimalism (art) and  my dance (locking). But my greatest wish is my first book as a dedication to my father.

From next week you can find me blogs elsewhere. Soon more info on this part.
For now I thank everybody who reads my blogs. I'm just getting started.

And yes, I am grateful for these findings.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten